Your support plays a vital role in allowing us to present a range of works representing different cultures from all continents, and to carry out cultural actions that make a real difference to creative artists and their audiences.
More than ever, dance is a living and necessary art.
Each and every donation helps us take concrete risks, support artists in their creative journey, and develop new ways of bringing dance to you in all its fullness and power.
Together, let’s celebrate the humanity at the heart of creation and spread the word about dance!
"For the enjoyment given so far and the pleasure to come."
—Thomas Jubeault, donor
The impact of your donations
Dance speaks to the artist in each of us; it has a major impact on our lives and on our society. Danse Danse is committed to making this art of movement accessible.
Founded in 1998, Danse Danse is:
- 109 dance companies from 25 countries
- 176 indoor performances 460,000 spectators
- 75 creation residencies (Resid(a)ncies)
- 35 dance workshops for the general public
- 7 webcast dance shows
- 21,000 young people welcomed via school groups
- 7,900 free Get Youth into Dance tickets for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds (program created in 2005)
- 1,550 free tickets for new Canadian citizens to encourage their participation in Montreal’s cultural life (program created in 2017)
Did you know that your donation also has an impact on the price of your ticket?
Ticket revenues cover only 50% of actual presentation costs. Thanks to your donations, we can share dance with an engaged and diverse audience by reducing the cost of performance tickets.
Danse Danse, much more than dance performances
- Parcours des jeunes créateurs
- Resid(a)ncies - creative residencies
- Get Youth into Dance
- Welcoming new citizens
- Dance workshops for everybody
- Post-performance talks with the artists
"Dance, dance, otherwise we are lost."
—Pina Bausch, choreographer
Donation via check: Send us your check together with the filled-out donation form.
Danse Danse (charity number 86732 2331 RR0001) will issue fiscal receipts for all donations over $25.