Throughout the 2015-2016 academic year, 26 students from the dance program at École secondaire Lucien Pagé in Montreal, accompanied by their teacher Stéphanie Connors, discovered the contemporary dance universe with Danse Danse's season – from backstage to the scene and following the path of creation via different workshops, rehearsals and performances.
By offering this unique opportunity for a dynamic encounter of dance works, artists and the citizens of tomorrow, the Parcours des jeunes spectateurs will enrich the lives and imaginations of adolescents by introducing them to contemporary dance and dance makers while promoting the richness and relevance of this art form.
This project is designed to raise teenager’s exposure to and access to the arts. It thus reflects one of the principal mandates of Danse Danse: raising awareness of contemporary dance and that is audience development.
Bravo and thank you to all the participants !
Photo 2 Atelier Anne Plamondon © Sylvie-Ann Paré. Photos 1, 3 Parcours des jeunes spectateurs
- 8 workshops in class by Fabienne Cabado, cultural mediator, preparing to the shows
- 1 visit to the venue during technical setup of Sun (Hofesh Shechter Company) with Claude Caron, Danse Danse production manager
- 1 rehearsal of BJM – Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal and a meeting wih Louis Robitaille, artistic director
- 2 movement workshops with Anne Plamondon, choreographer and dancer
- 4 Danse Danse shows
- Sun, Hofesh Shechter Company
- Mono Lisa + Kosmos + Rouge, BJM – Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal
- Swan Lake, Dada Masilo - Dance Factory Johannesbourg
- Prélude à l’après-midi d’un faune + Le Sacre du printemps, Compagnie Marie Chouinard
This project benefits from financial support from the Ministry of Culture and Communications as well as the City of Montreal as part of its Entente sur le développement culturel de Montréal program.